TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF
COMLINE AUTO PARTS LIMITED (“the Company”)
These conditions prevail over any conditions, which the Purchaser’s order may purport to impose and which are at variance with the same. No modification of these conditions shall be binding upon the Company unless specifically accepted in writing by the Company.
1. For retail and cash sales goods will only be released after payment has been made and funds are cleared. For trade customers payment terms are 30 days from invoice date unless different terms are agreed in writing and authorised by a Director of the Company. Should payment not be received by the due date, the account will be put on hold and the supply of goods suspended, also non-payment of invoices by the due date will attract an interest charge calculated on a daily basis at the rate of 1.5% per 30 days. Payment terms are strictly net. Time for payment is of the essence to this contract.
2. The Company reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw credit facilities at any time at its sole discretion, and any outstanding sums will become payable immediately.
Goods can only be returned in accordance with the Company’s return policy. Goods may only be returned with the Company’s express permission. In such cases, credit will be made less a 10% handling charge provided the condition of goods returned are acceptable to the Company.
3. Goods ordered shall be at the risk of the Customer as soon as they are delivered to his/her premises or otherwise to his/her order. Any claim relating to goods delivered or supplied must be made in writing within 48 hours of the event giving rise to the claim in accordance with the procedures of the Company from time to time in force. No claims will be considered outside these time limits.
4. We operate a “no quibble” guarantee on all NON clutch parts and a 12,000 miles/1 Year warranty on clutch kits. This guarantee/warranty ONLY applies to parts that are defective or wrongly packed or labelled. Under NO circumstances will any goods be accepted back without a properly completed and numbered Comline ‘Goods Returns Form’. Any labour claim must have a completed, numbered Comline ‘Parts Labour Claim Form’. Please note that on ALL labour claims we MUST have the original part returned to us. We will then get this part tested at the originating factory. If the claim is not valid, we will charge you a handling fee of £75 + VAT for clutch kits and £25 + VAT for all other parts. Processing a labour claim can take up to 8 to 12 weeks to process.
5. The Company reserves the right to vary the quoted price and goods will be invoiced to the purchaser at the prices ruling at the date of despatch unless otherwise agreed by this Company in writing.
6. The goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of the Company as legal and equitable owner and shall not pass to the Customer until the company has received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for:-
a. Such goods; and
b. All other sums which are, or which become, due to the Company from the Customer for sales of goods on any account.
7. The Company may at any time recover and resell the goods (if in the Customer’s possession or under its control) if any sum owed by the Customers to the Company under any contract is not paid on the due date for payment and/or if at any time the Company becomes concerned about the financial standing of the Customer and for this purpose the Company, its servants or agents together will all necessary and appropriate transport shall be entitled to free and unrestricted entry upon the Customer’s premises and/or all other locations where the goods are situated.
8. The Customer shall possess the goods as bailee of the Company. If the Company so requires, the Customer shall store the goods for the Company in a proper manner without charge to the Company and ensure that they are clearly identified as belonging to the Company. The company shall be entitled to examine the goods in storage at anytime during normal business hours and upon giving the Customer reasonable notice thereof.
9. All UK sales will be subject to VAT at the prevailing rates. VAT will also be applied to export sales unless the appropriate regulations are complied with.
10. Vehicle and/or component manufacturer’s names, product and equipment names descriptions, identifications and part numbers are used for reference purposes only. The right is reserved to change the brand of any component supplied, information, specification or price, without prior notice.
11. The intending Customer acknowledges that before entering into any agreement/order for purchase or delivery of any goods from the Company that he/she is deemed to have made a fresh representation and warranty on each and every occasion that he/she is not insolvent and has not committed any act of bankruptcy, or being a company with limited or unlimited liability, knows of no circumstances which would entitle any debenture holder to appoint a Receiver, present a petition for the winding up of the company, or the exercise any other rights over or against his/her company’s assets.
12. The intending Customer’s right of possession of the goods pending payment and without prejudice to the title clause above shall cease immediately if he/she, not being a company, commits an act of bankruptcy or if, being a company, he/she does anything or fails to do anything which would entitle a Receiver to take possession of any assets which would entitle any person to present a petition for the liquidation or winding up of the company. Further, the Company is hereby authorised to enter upon any premises where goods are stored or where the Company may reasonably think that may be stored for any action under this clause.
13. While the Company will do its utmost to keep to its promised delivery dates they are to be treated as estimates only. The Company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage result from delay in delivery of goods. Delays due to circumstances outside the control of the Company shall not entitle the purchaser to cancel any order or to refuse to accept delivery. The Customer will not be entitled to terminate the agreement for late delivery of goods (subject to a late delivery amounting to a material breach).
14. No employee, agent, distributor, stockist or customer of the Company has the right or authority to waive, alter or vary the Terms and Conditions of Trading or make any claim or representation, or transact any business at variance with them.
15. Any time or other indulgence granted by the Company shall not affect the strict rights of the Company under these terms and conditions.
16. The contract in all respects is governed by English Law and the purchaser hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
These conditions of sales supersede all previous publications
Comline Auto Parts Ltd, Unit B1 Luton Enterprise Park, Sundon Park Road, LUTON
Bedfordshire, LU3 3GU
© Comline Auto Parts Limited 2010 All Rights Reserved
Enter a Comline or competitor part number above to go to the relevant part page.
Know the Comline or competitor part number? Enter it above along with the desired quantity and press the Add button.