Comline News: Fowden Motorsport Wins Again!
The Hirefit Brawdy Stages at the Brawdy military base, high above Newgale Beach in Pembrokeshire, saw another win for Fowden Motorsport last Sunday - this time Paul Fowden was at the wheel of the Comline Auto Parts backed Subaru Impreza WRC. Due to the venue being immersed in fog and the issue of poor visibility, the start of the race was delayed - a wise precaution by the organisers.
The Comline car started the event well and was a test for its newly built gearbox, as well as an opportunity for Paul to defend a previous win. Fowden steadily moved ahead throughout the stages and the team managed to evaluate tyre compounds and differential settings successfully. The opposition, led by fellow PTMC driver Carl O'Grady in his Nissan Sunny F2 and co-driven by Ellie Williams, fought hard to make it to second place overall (and receive the class win), however the Comline Impreza WRC was never going to be beaten, as Fowden and team co-driver Paul Wakely set the fastest time on all six stages to finish with a winning margin of one minute thirteen seconds!
Local men Corbett Williams and John Morgan were out in their Escort RS, but had to retire after stage four with mechanical problems. After a tough battle with the Darrian T9 of John Lewis and Jason Thomas, Cooper and Williams moved up to third place and won their class in the Mitsubishi Evo 8 - the margin was seventeen seconds. Thirty five crews made it to the finish in tricky conditions, although Shaun Price and Louise Evans unfortunately had to retire their new Subaru Impreza on stage five with wheel bearing failure; this was Shaun’s come-back after a thirteen year absence from the sport.
1. Paul Fowden/Paul Wakely - Subaru WRC 4 – 01.11.11
2. Carl O'Grady/Ellie Williams - Nissan Sunny F2 - 01.12.24
3. Thomas Cooper/Paul Williams - Mitsubishi EVO 8 – 01.14.52
4. John Lewis/Jason Thomas - Darrian T9 – 01.15.09
5. Jayran Lewis/Elian Lewis - Vauxhall Astra – 01.16.27
6. Darren James/Dyland Jones - Mitsubishi EVO 6 – 01.17.18
7. Tony Rendell/Lisa Simeone - Escort Mk 1 – 01.17.56
8. Alex Rossiter/Ian Davies - Escort Mk1 – 01.18.02
9. Wayne James/Stuart Harries - Peugeot 205 GTI – 01.18.05
10. Alun Griffiths/Peter James - Mitsubishi EVO 6 – 01.18.39
Enter a Comline or competitor part number above to go to the relevant part page.